Website Ace Hardware
The Sr. E-Commerce Merchant is responsible developing and managing Acehardware.com’s merchandise assortment plan, including RSC based skus and those from non-RSC sources including Acenet direct vendors, Emery Jensen skus, and ecommerce hub partners. The Sr. E-Commerce Merchant is responsible for the negotiating promotional offerings for this mix, including any vendor provided item cost concessions, retailer credits, and/or vendor promotional payments. The Sr. E-Commerce Merchant is also responsible for developing and managing content assets in order to reinforce Ace’s brand promise, while delivering world class product information to the Ace online customer.
- Grow category sales while respecting current retail store assortment mixes, pricing model, and retail profitability
- Plan and negotiate all item level online promotional activity.
- Negotiate all online item level pricing concessions including item cost concessions, vendor subsidies and credits, and vendor advertising placement revenue.
- Collaborate with ecommerce marketing and analytics team to determine timing and consumer discount structure for site wide promotional offerings.
- Collaborate with existing promotional team to support integrated omni channel promotions.
- Identify sku mix and product assortment offerings from within retail support center based sku mix.
- Negotiate additional product and brand assortments from non-RSC programs—including Acenet direct vendors, Emery Jensen sku mix, and ecommerce hub offerings.
- Work cross functionally with the Ace Internal Merchandising team to collaborate within existing vendor relationships while supporting and respecting current contracts and program parameters
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills required
- Demonstrate strong decision making skills
- Proven ability to multi-task projects and meet deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Power Point,
- Highly creative, flexible and adaptable with good follow-through
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years of ecommerce, marketing, merchandising experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing a plus
Company: Ace Hardware
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Marketing Sales
Job Location: Oak Brook, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A