Website Ace Hardware
The Merch Rep build a foundational knowledge of and support Ace merchandising values, programs and best practices. Work closely with various stakeholders within the merchandising team to assist with vendor and item selection, negotiation, promotional planning and implementation of programs and initiatives to maximize both sales and profits within Ace and retailers. Be prepared to take on a new or advance role with Ace or one of its subsidiaries within one year.
- Participate in a comprehensive training program to learn and develop the knowledge and skills necessary to implement critical assignments within the merchandising area.
- Learn to execute and follow through on all tasks related to the implementation of key merchandising functions. Apply knowledge by assisting with key tasks such as item starts/maintenance, price maintenance, event planner, category reviews, promotional planning, show prep and other initiatives to assist merchants in growing retail sales within their respective categories.
- Study retail marketplace and assist category management partner in building and maintaining category plan-o-grams.
- Utilize territory rep counterparts to enhance knowledge of regional and local product needs and develop sales skills to implement category at retail, driving measurable results.
- Develop understanding of the function of inventory control and participate in impact merchant can effect on in effort to deliver product fill levels and Ace warehouse (RSC) inventory turnover to goal.
- Develop a working relationship with key cross-functional areas to gain acceptance, build credibility, and grow understanding and resource in other departments, the vendor community and Ace retailers.
- Become proficient in and apply the use of Ace technology applications such as ACENET intranet site, Ace Data Warehouse, SAP and Product Content Management system.
- Assist merchant and department merchandise manager with special projects and other administrative functions.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (business marketing or management a plus) or 2-4 years of related work experience (retail, sales or marketing). Understanding of business fundamentals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think critically and strategically.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong PC skills to include Excel, Word and Outlook. Technology adaptive to embrace and become skilled at Ace’s technology platform.
- Self-confident, self-motivated with good presentation skills.
- Ability to work across teams and independently with some supervision.
Company: Ace Hardware
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Sales, Business Development
Job Location: Oak Brook, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A