- Perform assigned audit engagements, from start to finish, inclusive of preplanning and wrap up activities. Applies risk and control concepts to scenarios encountered and identifies any potential issues.
- Assist in the periodic Risk Assessments and development of the Risk-Based Work Plans and the periodic reporting to the Audit Committee and Senior Management on internal audit activities, performance, significant risk exposures, controls/governance issues and other related matters.
- Participate in conducting special reviews and undertakes administrative duties as directed by Head of Internal Audit.
- Perform (also supervises audits performed by Internal Auditors) in accordance with the approved RACM and professional standards on internal auditing.
- Determine auditing procedures to be applied, including the use of Information Systems Audit Techniques, statistical sampling method or others.Ensure that adequate working papers and all relevant information are continuously documented and updated in the automated Audit
- Management System in accordance with pre-defined templates and audit procedures.
- Perform the audit in accordance with the approved audit program and ensures that audit objectives have been met to support the audit conclusions/results.
- Assist in the development of Annual Audit Plan (AAP) based on the results of risk assessment exercise.
- Provide input for the periodic reporting on audit activities and performance relative to its plans, significant risk exposures, control/governance issues and other related matters.
- Identify, obtain, analyse and appraise related systems and evidentiary data/information.
- Prepare working papers which record and summarize data on the assigned audit and the results of the audit examination.
- Assist the auditors in the examination and analysis of records through executing audit program steps for the assigned audits.
- Develop process understanding of assigned business processes and determines business objectives, main functions, the nature of activities, potential risks and controls to be reviewed.Develop a detailed audit program / Risk & Control Matrix (RCM) for the assigned audit including the objectives, potential risk, key controls, audit procedures and the use of audit techniques and tools to evaluate governance, risks and controls processes, and submits audit program to for review and approval.
- Ensures tasks assigned to junior staff are adequately performed and deliverables are in accordance with ADNOC Internal Audit procedures and quality standards.
- Appraise the adequacy of the corrective actions taken by management on audit recommendations through follow up audits and periodically reviews and updates the status of management action plans.
- Ensures that approved audit objectives have been met with adequate coverage of all relevant areas. Also ensures that sufficient appropriate audit evidence is obtained to support the conclusion and recommendations, and that the work has been performed in accordance with professional audit standards.
- Proficiency in utilising various business applications to gather/ verify information with guidance.
- High interpersonal skills in line with the Corporate Role that requires interaction with all levels of Management in ADNOC and the Group Companies.
- Familiarity with the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and other standards and their interpretation and application to
- Internal Auditing practice.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Finance/ Auditing or relevant discipline
- 8 years of relevant experience in internal auditing, with varied experience in oil and gas operations and their inherent challenges/risks in the context of corporate function.
- Experience in managing and tracking time for different Internal Audit related activities.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Finance
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A