Website Air Arabia
Air Arabia is not only committed to providing affordable air travel but is also dedicated to uplifting the lives of those who are less fortunate. Taking responsibility and lead on social needs of local and international communities has been part of our success.
- Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducts visual and measurements tests; rejects and returns unacceptable materials
- Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; conducts visual and measurement tests; communicates required adjustments to production supervisor/manager.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; calls for repairs.
- Accomplishes quality and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Maintains accurate and current account information on the customer.
- Match the product description on the order to the supplied material.
- Check the design # on the order making sure it matches the design # on the sequence sheet provided.
- Proofs and initials production sheets confirming accuracy.
- Performs other duties that support the tailoring unit, embroidery/heat press operations.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and judgment regarding privileged information
- Monitors and inventories costume shop supplies.
- Labels and bar-codes costumes for long term storage.
- Makes patterns for facings and linings based on directions supplied.
Maintains safe, healthy, clean and hazard free work environment by continuously monitoring fabric store, cutting room, and stitching floor, finishing, and packing sections.
- High School plus vocational or other technical school, certification, training, or apprenticeship is required.
- Good English verbal communication skills and adequate written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of garment manufacturing and current/upcoming trends.
- Knowledge of textiles and fabrics – Expert knowledge of fabric limitations and standard tailoring concepts, procedures, and practices
- Proven skills in sewing, tailoring and textile repair – Strong understanding of both men’s women’s alterations, fittings, & garment composition.
- Must be knowledgeable in adding new materials to all types of garments.
- Knows how to use all types of marking tools (rulers, hem markers & chalk)
- Math skills for measuring, and adjusting patterns needed.
- Must be able to pass mechanical aptitude and color hue test
- Ability to discern color variations in thread, eye for detail and a quality of focus
Qualification & Experience:
- Prior Experience in sewing/textile industry utilizing related machines in an industrial environment is mandatory
- Minimum 5-years’ experience as a tailor or similar apparel technical background; garment construction and finishing
- Ability to meet all required deadlines; ability to change priorities quickly as needed; ability to independently handle stress and maintain a mature problem-solving demeanor.
- Ability to supervisor, interact and effectively communicate with the team, customers and co-workers.
Company: Air Arabia
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A