Website Aldi USA
Our store employees are the face of the ALDI shopping experience. Their hard work makes it possible to uphold our company philosophy, providing quality products at the best possible price. Their smiles and pleasant demeanors keep customers coming back time and time again. Our store employees work many roles – from store associate to cashier to stocker – while providing excellent customer service. As a store employee, you’re also responsible for merchandising product, monitoring inventory and keeping the store looking its best. It’s an opportunity to get more out of your career and grow in an exciting environment.
- Identifies training and development opportunities that will assist their direct reports in achieving enhanced performance.
- Monitors the competitive environment within the community and makes recommendations to their direct leader regarding adjustments necessary to maintain a competitive position.
- Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their direct reports to assure mutual understanding and desired results.
- Assesses, establishes, and implements appropriate store staffing levels cooperatively with their direct leader.
- Develops and implements action plans to improve operating results.
- Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values of the organization, to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
- Observes work performance, provides coaching, and conducts annual performance evaluations, recommending store personnel for advancement and termination as appropriate.
- Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
- Understands and applies management principles concerning budgeting, personnel costs, and overtime expenses.
- Ability to safely and properly operate equipment, including electric/manual hand jack, floor scrubber, and cardboard baler.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to evaluate work performance and motivate behavior change among direct reports when necessary.
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
- Develops rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports.
- Effectively guides employee performance to assure the quality and completion of work assignments.
Qualification & Experience:
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prior management experience preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in a retail environment.
Company: Aldi USA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Ashtabula, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A