Website Aldi USA
Our store employees are the face of the ALDI shopping experience. Their hard work makes it possible to uphold our company philosophy, providing quality products at the best possible price. Their smiles and pleasant demeanors keep customers coming back time and time again. Our store employees work many roles – from store associate to cashier to stocker – while providing excellent customer service. As a store employee, you’re also responsible for merchandising product, monitoring inventory and keeping the store looking its best. It’s an opportunity to get more out of your career and grow in an exciting environment.
- Identifies training and development opportunities that will assist their direct reports in achieving enhanced performance.
- Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values of the organization, to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
- Monitors the competitive environment within the community and informs their direct leader regarding adjustments necessary to maintain ALDI’s competitive position.
- Provides product feedback to their direct leader, including making recommendations regarding new items to carry or those that should be discontinued.
- Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their direct reports to assure mutual understanding and desired results.
- Alternates between Shift Manager and Store Associate duties on a rotating basis as established by store management.
- Supervises daily job responsibilities of store personnel in the absence of management.
- Ability to perform basic administrative duties such as filing and filling out forms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform general cleaning duties to store standards.
- Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to safely and properly operate equipment including electric and manual hand jacks, floor scrubber, and cardboard baler.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
- Ability to recommend, interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prior work experience in a retail environment preferred.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
Company: Aldi USA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Marshalltown, IA, US
Application Deadline: N/A