Website Aldi USA
Our store employees are the face of the ALDI shopping experience. Their hard work makes it possible to uphold our company philosophy, providing quality products at the best possible price. Their smiles and pleasant demeanors keep customers coming back time and time again. Our store employees work many roles – from store associate to cashier to stocker – while providing excellent customer service. As a store employee, you’re also responsible for merchandising product, monitoring inventory and keeping the store looking its best. It’s an opportunity to get more out of your career and grow in an exciting environment.
- Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values of the organization, to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
- Provides input to their direct leader on hiring for positions reporting to them.
- Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their direct reports to assure mutual understanding and desired results.
- Monitors the competitive environment within the community and informs their direct leader regarding adjustments necessary to maintain the company’s competitive position.
- Provides product feedback to their direct leader, including making recommendations regarding new items to carry or those that should be discontinued.
- Identifies training and development opportunities that will assist their direct reports in achieving enhanced performance.
- Assists their direct leader with developing and implementing action plans to improve operating results.
- Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company standards.
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
- Ability to safely and properly operate equipment, including: electric/manual hand jack, floor scrubber, and cardboard baler.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
- Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of products and services of the company.
Qualification & Experience:
- Prior management experience preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in retail operations.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- High School Diploma / GED.
Company: Aldi USA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Overland Park, KS, US
Application Deadline: N/A