Website Aldi USA
Our store employees are the face of the ALDI shopping experience. Their hard work makes it possible to uphold our company philosophy, providing quality products at the best possible price. Their smiles and pleasant demeanors keep customers coming back time and time again. Our store employees work many roles – from store associate to cashier to stocker – while providing excellent customer service. As a store employee, you’re also responsible for merchandising product, monitoring inventory and keeping the store looking its best. It’s an opportunity to get more out of your career and grow in an exciting environment.
- Approves all time-off requests for direct reports.
- Assists management with developing and implementing action plans to improve operating results.
- Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values, of the organization to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
- Monitors the competitive environment within the community and informs management regarding adjustments necessary to maintain the company’s competitive position.
- Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions.
- Assures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
- Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their team to assure mutual understanding of desired results; resolves internal or external barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
- Provides product feedback to the management, including making recommendations regarding new items to carry or those that should discontinued.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to recommend, interpret and/or apply ALDI operating policies and procedures.
- Ability to supervise store personnel in the store manager’s absence to ensure the timely and effective completion of work assignments.
- Performs basic administrative duties such as filing and filling out forms.
- Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
- Ability to safely and properly operate equipment, including: electric/ and manual hand jacks, floor scrubber and cardboard baler.
- Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
Qualification & Experience:
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prior work experience in a retail environment and prior management experience.
Company: Aldi USA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Columbus, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A