Website Aldi USA
- We’re ALDI, one of America’s favorite grocers. We’ve grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it’s in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
- ALDI is one of the fastest-growing retailers in the nation, and we are charting an aggressive growth course to become the third-largest U.S. grocery retailer by store count by the end of 2022. How can you play a part? By joining our National Real Estate Services team. The team supports the development of our building designs, specifications, store layouts, graphics and fixtures. Helping us grow can translate into a great move for your career.
- Collaborates with project team members and internal departments to accurately maintain and update cost database.
- Conducts material quantity surveys on store prototypes in order to produce accurate cost baselines.
- Develops new bid procedures and standards as required.
- Conducts cost impact analysis for potential new prototypes by defining alternatives to the proposed scope that are more cost-efficient.
- Performs periodic material takeoffs from 2D drawings or 3D models to validate design and contractor proposed quantities.
- Develops a value analysis for store prototypes by defining alternatives to the proposed scope that are more cost-efficient.
- Thoroughly reviews construction bids in conjunction with divisional real estate teams using established standards to ensure completeness and accuracy to the plans and specifications.
- Aligns proposed costs and scope of work with historical project data.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Knowledge of construction means and methods of civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing disciplines.
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis in Excel.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, consistently meeting deadlines and remaining calm under pressure.
- Knowledge of external construction estimating resources such as R.S. Means.
Qualification & Experience:
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Bid Review, Architecture, Engineering or a related field.
Company: Aldi USA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: General Business
Job Location: Dublin, Ohio, US
Application Deadline: N/A