- Amgen Thousand Oaks is looking for a Maintenance Planner to join the Planning & Scheduling team responsible for planning work tasks for maintenance activities of the facility maintenance teams. This is a highly critical role with the core responsibility of supporting the Facilities &
- Engineering team by delivering detailed work orders that include all the tasks, parts and resources required for streamline, safe and accurate work completion by maintenance technicians in a cGMP biotechnology facility. This role will also offer the opportunity to propose, participate, and lead team improvement initiatives to drive improved productivity and equipment reliability.
- May verify the availability of those resources prior to scheduling the work or arranges for appropriate alternatives
- Review scope and frequency of assignments with the manager/system owner and implement changes where necessary.
- Receives all written and electronic customer work requests
- Verifies completeness of all entries
- Determine and outline the tasks required to complete the work
- Communicates with requester to define total scope of work and priority of the work to be performed.
- Responsible for processing and coordinating all work order requests in the Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Visit the job site to assess the scope of work
- Determine and purchase required parts
- Update information into CMMS
- Administers the preventive maintenance tracking and documentation programs
- Identifies resources and materials necessary to execute the requested work
- Ensures every maintenance task performed is planned ensuring safety and quality
- Determines appropriate craft, amount of craft, labor group and estimated execution time
- Keeps requester apprised as to the status of the work order until completion.
- Ability to create business processes and standardized work
- Demonstrated ability to work well with teams, open to change and new ideas.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, error-proofing habits, time management skills, customer service skills, ability to lead change, ability to
- lead a team, excellent communication skills (written and oral) and ability to problem solve across functional units.
- Knowledge of facility and manufacturing process
- Knowledge of computerized maintenance management system preferably MAXIMO
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma / GED and 6 years of Facilities Maintenance experience
- Associate’s degree and 4 years of Facilities Maintenance experience
- A high degree of computer literacy and under minimal supervision, performs effectively within the established regulations and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years’ experience in a maintenance administrative role.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: General Business
Job Location: Thousand Oaks, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A