The Amgen Rhode Island Pilot Plant is seeking a Front Line Manager (FLM) to lead a team of staff responsible for daily cell culture and purification bioprocessing operations. This position will execute a variety of production-related operations, including but not limited to equipment set up, operational execution, detailed scheduling, leading new product introductions and managing staff. Additionally, the FLM is accountable for ensuring a premier safety culture, continuously seeking to implement LEAN concepts for the improvement of efficiency and productivity as well as ensuring data integrity.
- The ARI Pilot Plant is responsible for all aspects of production planning and execution to support pipeline development runs for material and data generation, life cycle management to support commercial process optimization and tech transfer of new programs being introduced into AR-5 and AR-30.
- The Pilot Plant’s capabilities include a mix of Single Use and Stainless Steel bioreactors up to 500L scale and full purification to generate drug substance for non-GMP use.
- The equipment is highly automated via Delta V distributed control system and GE Unicorn execution software.
- The operations are driven by Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and data recorded in electronic batch records.
- The environment is challenging, fast-paced and ever-changing with varying degrees of process definition, but very rewarding for those that like hands-on science and want to make process improvements in a development space.
- Work effectively in team and/or project environments; possess strong math and computer skills, as well as the ability to apply science-based thinking to practical applications
- Upbeat and technically-minded, with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Associate’s degree and 10 years of Manufacturing/Operations experience
- Solid knowledge of upstream and/or downstream, as well as a general knowledge of the associated analytical, and solution preparation techniques (media and buffer)
- Demonstrate the ability to learn new systems and applications, and various purification techniques
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in cGMP production environment
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of Manufacturing / Operations experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or Chemical/Biological Engineering (or other relevant field) and 1 or more years of managerial experience in Life Sciences field
- Master’s degree and 3 years of Manufacturing/ Operations experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Manufacturing
Job Location: West Greenwich, RI, US
Application Deadline: N/A