- Amgen provides a collaborative and creative culture in a company with a strong track record of innovation. Our culture encourages open dialogue and diverse views to land on the best solutions, and we help ensure our staff are equipped to excel today and tomorrow.
- Amgen is seeking a highly motivated scientist to join the Pharmacokinetics & Drug Metabolism (PKDM) department at our site in South San Francisco, California.
- In this role, you will add substantial scientific expertise to the discovery and non-clinical development of small molecule therapeutics using physiologically based pharmacokinetic modeling (PBPK).
- You will be responsible for establishing and implementing PKDM strategy to achieve project team goals integrating PBPK simulations with other aspects of drug discovery including disease biology, chemistry/protein sciences, toxicology and clinical pharmacology to advance the best therapeutic candidates.
- In addition, you will make meaningful and innovative contributions to the fundamental understanding of the factors that affect the absorption, distribution, and clearance of small molecule therapeutics.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge of PK, PD and/or distribution of small molecule therapeutics; critical thinking and demonstrated ability to communicate with team members across broad disciplines.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree and 4 years of Scientific experience
- Expertise using PBPK platforms (e.g. Simcyp, GastroPlus, Phoenix WinNonlin, or Matlab)
- A Ph.D. in pharmaceutical, chemical, or biological science (or BA/MS with equivalent experience) and 2+ years of drug discovery and/or development experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of Scientific experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Science
Job Location: South San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A