Website Asda Stores Limited.
The Technology data team has grown dramatically this year with around 20 new positions. This has also resulted in a number of internal promotions along with some new external colleagues who have recently joined. This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career, but also grow and develop your team to the next level.
- You’ll need to have led deliveries from a data engineering / development perspective, not just from a project management / programme management.
- You’ll work very closely with our third party suppliers, so you must be used to managing large teams within a large enterprise / company scale.
- As our Head of Data Engineering, you’ll set the direction and lead an expanding data development and engineering function (around 35 colleagues with 6 direct reports) to deliver solutions for reporting, data science, analysis, AI and ML use cases.
- You’ll also run the development team as a part of end to end matrix squads with a mix of business, analytical, technical, Walmart and third-party resources. Last, but by all means not least,
- you’ll ensure the teams are confident, appropriately skilled and capable of working in agile or waterfall delivery methodologies across a range of technical architectures.
- You will have led deliveries from a data engineering / development perspective
- You will have basic technical knowledge of what type of tech stack, components (from a data management and infrastructure perspective) and methodologies to bring together to deliver against Business Intelligence, Analytics, Data Science or CRM use cases.
Qualification & Experience:
- You will have experience managing large teams (circa 30+)
- We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.
Company: Asda Stores Limited.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Leeds, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A