Website Asda Stores Limited
The programme is expected to be for 18 months and will expand the largest European Fashion data SAP implementation to date and integrate with peripheral end to end supply chain applications. You’ll work with multiple technology partners, the world’s biggest retailer Walmart and be at the heart of enabling the future of fashion retail. You’ll need to be a self-starter, show great passion and depth of experience in your area and energised to meet the challenge.
- Working hand in hand with the Applications Design and Applications Technical Development teams, the Applications Development team ensure the solution design meets requirements, creating the specifications which are handed over to the Developers and taking the high level design to technical/functional level design for developers to build.
- As the Data Migration Manager within this team you will play a key role in pulling together the strategy and plan for the Data Migration activities and then delivering all data migrations from source to target across the scope of the George PowerUp Programme.
- You’ll have experience of pulling together a strategy/approach for a large SAP Programme that includes data movements in/out of SAP involving different technologies.
- You’ll be responsible for identifying the solution for data selection, migration, preparation, transformation and cleanse.
- Accountable for delivering all data migrations from source to target across the scope of the Power Up Programme, you’ll ensure there are no gaps. As someone with great communication skills you’ll be liaising with business data owners, functional application designers and data developers, with an ability to deal with ambiguity and evaluate and propose action plans for success.
- Your attention to detail and strong planning skills will ensure that you are tracking and monitoring progress to milestones and budget.
- You’ll have in-depth knowledge of Data Migration processes and toolsets along with Data Integration toolsets, their implementation and operation.
- Strong MS Office toolset, especially Excel. Sound knowledge of database and ETL concepts.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Powershell) beneficial. Knowledge of data upload tools (eg SAP LSMW) and knowledge of SAP BODS,
Company: Asda Stores Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A