Website Asda Stores Limited
Asda currently have an exciting opportunity for a Buyer to join our Environment & Operations buying team, part of our GNFR (Goods Not For Resale) Procurement team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated individual to progress their career and contribute to Asda’s Every Day Low Cost culture.
- Day to day you will constantly be learning by getting involved in and supporting on a range of activities across the team.
- Your negotiating skills will be put to the test as you deliver on a range of procurement projects across the Supplies, PPE, Corporatewear and Environmental Services categories, as will your ability to think strategically and implement new strategies across the team.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders will form a crucial part of the role, so excellent communication and relationship building skills will be essential.
- There will also be a strong focus on cost reduction and value add, you’ll be expected to identify and report on these opportunities to keep the rest of your team informed.
- You’ll need to have a proven background in strategic procurement, although you may only be a few years into your career.
- Ideally you will have, or will be working towards CIPS accreditation- this is not essential but would be advantageous.
- The ability to negotiate confidently and with influence will be critical, as will the ability to build strong stakeholder relationships.
- A data driven mind set as well as strong analytical skills will put you on a path to success and will help you to hit the ground running.
Company: Asda Stores Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Purchasing
Job Location: Leeds,England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A