Collateral Margin Services (CMS) is a business and risk aligned function responsible for managing our collateral, exposure, valuations and regulatory margin commitments across a range of products to help minimise credit, market and reputational risks associated to our business activity. This role provides critical experience and expertise to the collateral function during a time of unprecedented regulatory change, contributing strongly not only to the day-to-day margin activity but also to successful delivery of regulatory compliance. The Collateral and Margin teams are a key first line of defense function and this role is required to ensure strong delivery, control and oversight of potential risks across the teams.
- Ensure a robust risk and control framework is in place across the group with clear management information, escalation and analysis
- Interact regularly with Independent Price verification and Front Office to understand and challenge models used to value trades
- Develop the market relationships with clients, counterparts, peers and industry groups to support function.
- Delivering reduction in RWAs and deep dive investigations of valuation discrepancies between Barclays and Counterparty
Actively contribute to and help lead the definition and shape of the global CMS function and needs
- Propose and drive efficiencies, process improvements and risk management initiatives across function(s)
- Ensuring effectiveness of Global Dispute and Portfolio Reconciliation function to protect the firms risk
- Represent Global Dispute and Portfolio Reconciliation function on internal meetings and forums with senior management
- Excellent interpersonal skills including relationship management, communication and teamwork
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong quantitative and numerate skills
- Track-record of delivery in a significant business-facing role
- Strong derivatives knowledge
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Industry equivalent experience
- Credibility and influence in order to proactively manage diverse internal stakeholder groups including Sales, Trading & Product Control
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Finance
Job Location: Glasgow, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A