Procurement operates the global sourcing, purchasing, supplier and spend management for Barclays within COO and is responsible for working in partnership with Business Units and suppliers to deliver innovative solutions for Barclays, balancing costs against service levels and risks, enabling Barclays to achieve its ambition of becoming the bank of choice. This includes responsibility for leveraging group wide spend to best effect, delivering effective global spend management across central teams, setting the framework for Procurement and Third Party risk management, ownership for the procurement systems and processes which support and control buying activity and delivering firm-wide Accounts Payable & expense payments.
- There is a genuine global dimension to the remit as well as substantial autonomy and responsibility. The jobholder will be interacting at senior level both internally and externally across Barclays business units globally and must possess relevant interpersonal skills.
- Ensure that robust ongoing SLA’s are in place with our suppliers and that contracts are successfully handed over to supplier managers within
- Barclays and Management of key high value projects through internal governance and controls to completion.
- Provide support to junior members of the sourcing team. Develop issue and manage RFIs and RFPs as appropriate to find the best sourcing solution that meets business and commercial requirements.
- Work with the Team Leaders, Category Management Practice strategy teams, Supplier Managers and key Business Users to agree strategy that will optimise supplier costs whilst enabling the business to maintain appropriate service levels and minimise risk.
- Engage with key business owners aligned to our policies and control areas to ensure mitigation of business risks.
- The role holder will be part of a team comprised of Sourcing Managers at Analyst to VP level responsible for the delivery of deals primarily for
- Group Technology with third parties.
- Liaise with legal for the negotiation of large agreements to ensure favourable contractual terms and to mitigate key risks.
- Lead commercial negotiations with relevant suppliers to ensure Barclays receive best value for money and associated cost savings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrate capability to multitask and prioritise workload
- Ability to lead highly complex RFPs
- Supply chain/value chain design
- Understanding of datacentre and hosting vendor base
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working within Financial Services
- Degree or equivalent
- Proven experience of leading strategic sourcing projects within Technology, (must have experience working on Datacentre & Hosting related projects)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Finance
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A