As an Application Support Analyst we expect you to possess a healthy mixture of both technical and issue-ownership skills. The successful candidate would have a strong knowledge of SQL as well as Java. Responsibilities will include process optimization by driving and even implementing continuous service improvement tasks, automating repetitive tasks as well as deep dive into complex service impacting incidents and stakeholder management related activities.
- Ad Hoc Reporting where appropriate
- Reviewing of Implementation Plans & Release Documentation
- Own and Drive data for Capacity/Performance Management
- “On the ground interface” for business/change teams
- Complex issue triage, investigation and coordination to closure.
- Data & Configuration changes execution.
- On call support and ad-hoc overtime as appropriate
- Maintain open and timely communication with relevant business, supplier and IT personnel, particularly Change the Bank development teams
- Batch scheduling changes (Bank Holidays etc)
- Identification of service improvements and stability activities
- Complex issue triage, investigation and coordination to closure including leading triage on major incident calls
- Collate data for Proactive Service Improvement Initiatives (does not include code changes) including trending of incidents, root cause and other
- MI to identify improvement actions
- Level 2 incident management
- Participation in service reviews and post incident reviews
- Ability to work at pace, under pressure, whilst maintaining quality.
- Flexibility to react effectively to changing priorities and to willingness to step outside of role boundaries to achieve results.
- Good understanding of Linux and cloud-hosting, ideally aPaaS / OpenShift
- Good Understanding of Java
- Good understanding of relational SQL databases preferably Oracle
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Knowledge of monitoring systems and concepts of large scale monitoring (AppDynamics, Splunk, Elastic Stack/eSaaS)
- Ability to plan and manage own work effectively.
Qualification & Experience:
- Breakglass and Logical Access Management concepts and experience.
- Ability to pick up and take on new challenges, being able to assimilate information quickly.
- Understanding of risk and controls and how to manage them effectively.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A