Website Best Buy
Best Buy is one of the largest multi-channel consumer electronics retailers in the world with technology at its center. Our Technology Development Center in Seattle is tasked with fueling growth and spur innovation as we continue to create exceptional experiences for our customers. As a Digital Engineer II you will have the opportunity to focus on the mobile development and evolving the omni-channel customer experience. Our team’s primary focus is to deliver quality user experience of the Best Buy Home app on smart phones and tablets. Best Buy Home app is an all-in-one solution to help customers manage and connect all their owned tech products and appliances, and to quickly access products warranty info, Geek Squad services, product manuals and more.
- Translate product requirements into a functional code implementation using React Native, and Kotlin/Java.
- Deliver technical software engineering work in the development of Android/iOS based products, tools, platforms and services for internal and external customers.
- Serve as a member of a mobile apps development team to develop and maintain Android mobile applications, in accordance with Best Buy’s methodologies, technical standards, time and budget estimates.
- Work with internal/external developers to translate architecture requirements into detailed parameters by which coding must comply.
- Participate in design workshops and the investigation/fixing of complex defects/bugs when required. Create, review, approve clean technical designs and specifications for a specific portion or function of a system.
- Write clean code for complex system software.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Would like you to have developed/published at least one relevant mobile app, preferably on multiple different platforms
- Excellent interpersonal skills – you must be comfortable in small and large groups and interacting with senior executives
- Strong product focus; we expect everyone to do what is needed to deliver the best product for our customers
- Excellent Cooperation skills, both inside and outside the engineering team
Qualification & Experience:
- 6+ years of relevant systems experience
- 2+ years of experience with Java.
- Experience with React-Native
- 1+ years of experience with and Kotlin
Company: Best Buy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Visalia, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A