Website Best Buy
We believe that our company’s success depends on the passion and creativity of our amazing employees. To create environments in which our people can fully thrive, we turn to our guiding behavior, Our supportive leaders collaborate with their teams through ongoing feedback and two-way dialogue to maintain a culture continual learning. All these factors combine to create an unbeatable experience for both customers and employees. If you like to have fun while you work, build confidence and grow your career, you’ll fit right in.
- When you join Best Buy’s Information Security Team, you become a part of this progressive and fast-paced army of security professionals.
- As a team we take pride in growing and learning from each other as we respond to a variety of cybersecurity threats. You will have the opportunity to bring your ideas to a company that welcomes change. And – if you are a top performer –
- you will have ample opportunities for career growth.
- We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Consultant, Incident Response to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for :
- Responding to security incidents including gathering digital evidence, conducting host and network forensic analysis, and determining the root cause of security events and incidents.
- Performing data analytics to identify and confirm cyber security threats.
- Utilize experience and knowledge of a variety of technologies to conduct analysis of evidence to determine their validity and whether the information has forensic significance.
- Conduct in-depth network forensic investigations including packet analysis.
- Conduct malware analysis to determine capabilities and develop indicators of compromise.
- Coordinate incident response analysis and containment efforts across multiple teams.
- Support cyber security projects and initiatives as a subject matter expert.
- Research and assess emerging cyber security threats and trends.
- Research and conduct proof of concepts for new cyber security tools and capabilities.
- Prepare formal written reports suitable for legal matters.
- Conduct incident and investigations post-mortem briefings, analysis, and reporting.
- Understanding of regular expression and at least one common scripting language (PERL, Python, PowerShell, ETC)
- Must be able to work Wednesday-Saturday. This is a remote eligible position but must live within the surrounding areas of our Corporate office in Minneapolis, MN.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or relevant work experience
- Three years of experience in the field of information security and/or incident response.
- Previous experience working in a Fortune 500 Security Operations Center or Incident Response Team
- Previous experience working in cloud environments.
- Relevant Technical Security Certifications (GIAC, EC-Council, Offensive Security, etc.)
- 2+ years of recent operational security experience (SOC, Incident Response, Malware Analysis, etc.)
Company: Best Buy
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A