Website Best Buy
We believe that our company’s success depends on the passion and creativity of our amazing employees. To create environments in which our people can fully thrive, we turn to our guiding behavior, Our supportive leaders collaborate with their teams through ongoing feedback and two-way dialogue to maintain a culture continual learning. All these factors combine to create an unbeatable experience for both customers and employees. If you like to have fun while you work, build confidence and grow your career, you’ll fit right in.
- Accurate accounting for all aspects of corporate capabilities in compliance with GAAP
Maintain integrity of the financial statements for the area through proper accounting policies and procedures applied on a consistent basis
- Leading and developing a team of accounting analysts and senior accounting analysts
- Key controllership responsibilities including the ownership of four SOX processes, reviewing journal entries, and reviewing account reconciliations
- Project work including system updates to Oracle Payroll, new system initiatives (e.g. Workday), etc.
- Responsibility for the annual financial statements and audit of the 401k plans and the CCL Insurance company
- Identify/support process improvement initiatives and other Finance initiatives
- Assist in monthly and annual financial planning and forecasting activities in partnership with FP&A
- Leading and developing a team of five
- The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- The ability to set clear direction for the team with strong engagement and accountability for performance
- The ability to provide detailed, regular, constructive feedback to team members and provide career guidance
- Strong foundational knowledge of accounting principles and an ability to link business issues to accounting implications
- Strong understanding of complex accounting processes and internal controls, with an ability to identify and address weaknesses in controls
- Attention to detail and an ability to understand complex business and financial matters
- A proactive and evidence-based attitude to quality – possessing the drive to prove theories, conclusions and accounting accuracy through the gathering of evidence and review of important details
- An ability to interact and communicate effectively with non-finance partners and successfully bring about changes to their methods, where necessaryg
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and facilitation)
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or 8+ years of experience in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or related field.
- 2+ years project management or experience influencing without authority.
- 5+ years of experience in an Accounting, Finance, Procurement, Tax, Treasury capacity.
- Experience of applying GAAP to complex, large company situations
Company: Best Buy
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Finance Sales
Job, Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A