Website Best Buy
The Best Buy Health strategy is focused on several goals including helping seniors live more independently, helping high touch technology fans get the most out of their devices, and strengthening health relationships in a digital first world. Our Health Tech Platform will meet these goals by combining best in class technology, capabilities, and engineering to deliver products and services used every day.
- Be recognized as a technical leader both in their company and at an industry level
- Have knowledge on multiple domain-specific software packages both commercial and open source
- Have experience in delivering with highly skilled engineering teams in product model environments
- Have a solid understanding of the health care industry.
- Primary Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Being a part of a Health Tech Platform engineering team with a focus on an overall engineering mindset
- Helps develop an inclusive, collaborative, and diverse team of technical professionals and drives employee engagement through innovative solutions
- Provide input around architecture direction, technical designs, testing strategies, deployment strategies, and production support objectives
- Fosters consistent use of established methodology and tools usage
- Drives performance analysis and tuning
- Ensures that projects are on track and helps teams solve issues with roadblocks, cross-functional dependencies, infrastructure needs, and operations transitions.
- Consistently looks for areas of improvement in development technologies and methodologies
- Participates in strategic planning organization-wide
- Fosters a learning environment and promotes knowledge-sharing across teams
- Test-driven development, refactoring, automated unit test, integration test, functional test, and continuous integration/deployment. Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience using version control systems such as Subversion or Git
- You will collaborate with Product Managers, User Experience Designers, Architects, and other team members to build products that align with our Health vision and execution strategy.
- The engineering of these products will leverage agile methodologies and DevOps principles to deliver industry-leading solutions at high velocity with unrivaled quality.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
- 8 or more years’ experience Technology delivery and development
- 4 or more years’ in Agile delivery methodology and DevOps principles
- Experience working with healthcare related applications
- Experience working with item tracking tools like Azure DevOps or JIRA
- Experience using Redux and React Hooks
- Experience using Material Design or other design languages
- Experience designing and creating component frameworks for reusability
- Experience with multi-tenant SaaS applications
Company: Best Buy
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A