Website Best Buy
Best Buy is seeking a Senior Product Manager – Reporting & Analytics to join the high-performing People Technology Product team to shape the way we measure and analyze success across People Technology. The Senior Product Manager will define the People Technology reporting & analytics product vision, roadmap, and author/approve quarterly objectives and key results in partnership with their product team and key stakeholders.
- The Senior Product Manager will routinely craft vision for complex or multiple product(s) and features independently and may participate in crafting long term vision with guidance.
- The Senior Product Manager will maintain mastery in translating business needs into customer goals and features as well as mastery in driving the vision, strategy, and overall roadmap for a product or multiple products to deliver against core customer value propositions and Best Buy’s strategic and financial goals. The Senior Product Manager will keep the customer need at the forefront of solution creation. They will demonstrate empathy for the customer and will steer discussions to how to build customer trust. They will highlight system constraints (resource, financial, technology) to leadership that prevent creation of long-term customer engagement and brand love.
- The Senior Product Manager leads the team(s) in innovation exercises to demonstrate the test/learn/iterate mindset.
- The Senior Product Manager will master skills to analyze product performance through qualitative and quantitative analysis tools and processes and answer questions as well as may apply crafting theories for more ambiguous business problems.
- The Reporting & Analytics Senior Product Manager will lead technology modernization, improve reporting capabilities (including Workday reporting) and enable a strategic transformation of how we measure and analyze capabilities and features within the People Technology ecosystem.
- Senior Product Managers are also responsible for ensuring there is a continuous feedback loop with their users (customers/employees) and supporting discovery practices that effectively inform their priorities and how they advance against the product team vision.
- This role works with Engineering teams, User Experience Teams, and numerous stakeholders throughout the organization.
- They are responsible for building multi -team alignment on product prioritization (e.g. sprint, backlog, roadmap management) and must understand and utilize key customer and business metrics to inform their priorities.
- Servant-leadership style; high level of emotional intelligence, ability to navigate ambiguity and drive clarity and expert influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, evaluate outcomes and challenge conventional wisdom.
- Experience working with GCP, Power BI, Workday Reporting, Prism Analytics or equivalent
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager/owner mentality
Qualification & Experience:
- 4+ years of experience working on large-scale system implementations, testing and deployment efforts
- 2+ yrs. relevant Product Management Experience (Dev, UX, Strategy, etc.)
- 1+ years direct people mgmt. and team management/leadership
- 1+ yrs. relevant experience in strategy creation, customer focused solutioning, cross-functional leadership, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Marketing or related field
- 6+ years directly related experience (large-scale product or program management experience)
- 2+ years of people management experience
Company: Best Buy
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Product Management ,Marketing
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A