Website Best Buy
We believe that our company’s success depends on the passion and creativity of our amazing employees. To create environments in which our people can fully thrive, we turn to our guiding behavior
- The Reliability Engineer I – Commerce Reliability is responsible for monitoring and maintaining a highly available, multibillion-dollar e-commerce site’s health at web-scale, to 99.95% reliability.
- Resiliency and monitoring accuracy is the goal of our Commerce Reliability Team, obtained through development, maintenance, and analysis of a wide variety of industry leading monitoring tools, ranging from internally developed and open source to top of the line, commercially available SAAS solutions.
- This position directly interfaces with front-end and back-end developers within Operations and Engineering disciplines as part of a DevOps style team, responding not only to in-the-moment indications of potential problems but also making recommendations to improve resiliency and performance across all tiers of our applications.
- The role also works directly with various technical operations groups across the greater Best Buy Enterprise to sustain high availability of various IT services consumed by our applications.
- In addition to technical troubleshooting and incident management, this position will contribute to maintaining and developing methods of visualizing data to support quick identification and diagnosis of performance data collected via our vast toolset.
- Ideal candidates will have a broad understanding of all aspects of web technologies, e-commerce applications, monitoring, and be comfortable performing qualitative analysis on various sets of data.
- Strong troubleshooting and communication skills
- Strong facilitation and incident management skills
- Strong experience with the software development lifecycle
- Ability to work cross-functionally and influence without authority
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment with conflicting priorities
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 years of related experience such as: monitoring, performance engineering, application support, development, network, database, etc. Preference for application support experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following skill sets: front end development (HTML/CSS/JS), back-end development (Ruby, Java, Python), system administration (Linux, IIS), software development lifecycle, monitoring tools (Dynatrace, Catchpoint, Splunk, Sensu, Graphite, Grafana).
- Experience or willingness to be in a tier 2 support on-call rotation
- 1+ years of experience with back-end technologies and frameworks including Java, Groovy, Spring, Oracle, Cassandra, Node.JS or React, etc.
- Experience with CDNs such as Akamai or Fastly
- 1 or more years of experience qualitative analysis
- Experience with using Dev Tools, browser extensions, and proxies such as Fiddler, Charles, Postman, Edit This Cookie, Modify Headers
- Experience with Web and System monitoring and reporting applications such as Dynatrace, Catchpoint, Splunk, Sensu, Graphite, or Grafana
- 2+ years of experience with 24×7 operations and support of web-scale systems
Company: Best Buy
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A