Website Best Buy
We believe that our company’s success depends on the passion and creativity of our amazing employees. To create environments in which our people can fully thrive, we turn to our guiding behaviors. We are looking for an IT Operations Analyst to join Best Buy’s Service Manager Operations and Reliability team
- This team is responsible for delivering production operations and reliability for our business teams.
- This team will enable, monitor, enhance our enterprise business reporting tools by providing reliability for our platform reporting, analytics and automation.
- There are multiple reporting tools that this team will be responsible for such as Power BI, Tableau, Fort tools reporting.
- This position’s responsibility will play a large part in working with various business teams in optimizing their code and report queries to update as efficiently as possible.
- This team will have accountability for monitoring the systems to make sure they are running optimally and that the systems are not overloaded.
- This team will be communicating to leadership and other business team when issues arise and find solutions for the business teams to implement.
- Work with the business teams provide communication and recommendations to Key business team leaders on the systems health and usage.
- Lead open hours with multiple teams including our business teams and product teams to provide tuning recommendations and best practices.
- Provide ongoing information and recommendations to teams on processes and queries to ensure the process are performant.
- Recommend architecture for business developers as well as optimize code quickly.
- Monitoring systems and reviewing logs for root cause then making recommendations the SR Service Manager for this portfolio.
- Partner with the product teams and DBA teams to extract data around the queries and process impacting the system the heaviest. Request the owners to attend open hours for recommendations and modifications resulting in more performant processes
- Ensure production systems remain current via partnership with the product teams
- Open vendor tickets when production issues arise that require vendor assistance.
- A good team player with strong ability to learn and adapt new skills and makes efforts to do the work at hand and manage time effectively
- Setup Power BI environment
- Administration of Power BI services
- Access control
- Manage users
- Generate audit logs
- Tenant settings
- Generic Managerial Skills
Qualification & Experience:
- 2 or more years of Teradata SQL and optimization experience.
- 6 months of MS SQL experience
- 2 or more years of System and Application troubleshooting
- 1 year of experience as a BI tool administrator
- Strong written and verbal Communication with business and product teams
- 1 year of Power BI System Administration experience
- Alteryx System Administration Experience
- Fort Runner knowledge and experience
- Power BI Report building
- Reporting experience and data architecture
Company: Best Buy
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Analyst
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A