Website Best Buy
Best Buy is seeking an experienced Staff Software Engineer, knowledgeable in Java and Agile software development practices, to work on key People Technology initiatives for Best Buy.
- This position will be building and leading empowered teams that are responsible for creating products that support our customers, the engineers here at Best Buy, to be the best at what they do and provide them with self-service tools to meet their objectives as quickly and easily as possible.
- This position will focus on delivering solutions directly to engineering teams and partnering with them to learn what they need then building what will serve our engineering customers best.
- Significant effort will go towards our pipeline as a service offering, but there will be many other solutions needed based on the research you and your team will do.
- We embrace a culture of rapid experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking, agile environment.
- One that encourages diversity of thought and passion for empowering teams by leading and mentoring others.
- You will leverage your rich industry experience to improve the way we develop and deliver software at scale, and partner with your stakeholders to deliver customer and business outcomes.
- Every day you will play a key role in shaping the future of how Best Buy is disrupting retail by empowering teams to deliver innovative and human-centered customer experiences.
- You’ll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to build and lead your teams through empowerment, engagement, and continuous improvement as we partner with our many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay aligned and focused on common goals.
- The Staff Software Engineer will be part of the People Technology Team that is responsible for building microservices and UI components that provide the best digital experience for our employees.
- Hands on development experience with Scala.
- Hands on development experience with Python.
- Hands on experience working with GCP Services like Big Query, Data Studio, and Dataflow.
- Hands on experience working with Cassandra.
Qualification & Experience:
- 8 or more years of experience building highly scalable applications using Java
- Experience building, deploying, operating, and debugging REST APIs at sca
Company: Best Buy
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Engineering ,Information Technology
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A