Website Best Buy
Best Buy is seeking an innovative and technically curious Senior Engineering Manager to join Best Buy’s Customer data services team. There are multiple areas of specialization available such as Search, Distributed Services, Big Data platforms, Cloud, Infrastructure, and mor
- This is a hands-on engineering manager position.
- The individual in this role will lead the design and development of key digital technology initiatives that include building and managing key services that provide customer data that powers user experiences throughout Best Buy.
- In this role, you’ll be called upon to lead agile teams of skilled engineers, QA, BAs to grow the team.
- This role is accompanied by career rewarding challenges by the very nature of the customer services platform.
- The individual in this role will be given the opportunity to deliver solutions in a highly distributed, highly critical environment by leveraging data streaming and big data technologies.
- A demonstrated background in working directly with tech leads, engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders.
- Creative and innovation-driven with the ability to articulate engineering design patterns related to scale, performance, security, and usability.
- Test-driven development, refactoring, automated unit test, integration test, functional test, and continuous integration/deployment. Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience using version control systems such as Subversion or Git
- Experience in the implementation and deployment of modern web development solutions: Google Cloud Platform, Java, Groovy, Spring, REST-based web services, NoSQL databases.
- Experience in agile development methodology – Scrum, Kanban, and/or XP.
- Experience in test-driven development practices, continuous integration, and deployment practices.
- Experience with any Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Google Cloud Platform, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure).
- A proven track record of recruiting and retaining top-notch engineers.
- Persuasive written and oral communication skills.
- Passion for building top-quality products & services
- Exceptional ability to collaborate effectively on cross-functional projects
- Proficiency with UNIX/Linux command line
- Hands-on development experience to include one of Java, Python, PHP
- Unit testing, test-driven development, or functional test automation
Qualification & Experience:
- 8 or more years of experience in Software Engineering
- 1 or more years of leadership experience (formal or informal)
- 6 or more years of demonstrated experience running large cross-functional projects; experience working with technical and business teams
- 4 or more years of experience in a leadership capacity – coaching and mentoring engineers, developers
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering
- Experience using version control systems such as SVN or Git
- Experience with bug tracking software such as Jira or ClearQuest
Company: Best Buy
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Engineering ,Information Technology
Job Location: St. Paul, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A