Website Best Buy
The Senior Manager, Marketing Strategic Sourcing leads the team responsible for sourcing, negotiation, and contracting activities across multiple categories within Marketing or similar initiatives including Creative, Production, Media. Celebrity/Influencer Talent, Events, licenses, and Consulting, among other categories, to support the Marketing teams and similar initiatives for the broader Enterprise
- Responsible for managing the larger team covering multiple business categories.
- Create and maximize end-to-end efficiencies across multiple Stakeholders/executive leaders, business capabilities and vendors
- Effectively Integrates business strategy into individual and team priorities and goals
- Serve as SME for area of responsibility (processes and practices within procurement)
- Influences how the work affects the business financials and requirements, in alignment with the business strategy and sourcing best practices
- Understands and is proficient in managing the full lifecycle of their categories, sub-categories, any interdependencies and supporting contracts
- Influence the clients’ overall business strategies, based on business goals, sourcing practices, and driving value principles
- The purpose of the position is to manage total cost of ownership by leveraging world-class negotiation and sourcing strategies, tools, and processes, and to mitigate risks through contract development for non-merchandise goods and services acquired by Best Buy.
- This position interacts with all levels of the Organization and cross functionally including Directors and Officers throughout the organization.
- The position also closely works with 3rd party contracted partners. This role is a key leadership position that leads categories and team and influences strategies as a trusted advisor.
- Knowledge of the drivers of operational performance and costs including SLAs, performance management practices, and the value of risk within contracts
- Proficiency in analytical methods and deriving insights from data
- Proven leadership experience, with emphasis on developing direct/indirect reports
- Expertise in 7Step Sourcing Process and Contracting best practices
- Full life-cycle procurement role experiences to include development of sourcing strategies, proven contract negotiation skills, and related project management activities
Qualification & Experience:
- Marketing, Media, Agency, Production, or other relevant experience
- 5+ years project management or experience influencing without authority
- 6+ years’ experience in sourcing, negotiations, and category management
- Category-specific sourcing and contract modeling experience in Marketing, Creative, Production, Agency categories
- ISM, APICS, Lean Six Sigma, Project Management
Company: Best Buy
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Marketing ,Sales
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A