The position is mainly responsible to administer the Lease Contract Management activities pertaining to assigned portfolios (existing / new developments) ensuring that all lease related documents / legal agreements complies with the applicable Laws, agreed terms and conditions of the contract and commitment between the company and the client.
- Establish leasing parameters for new projects / developments in consultation with the relevant teams i.e. SMBU Leasing and Development and ensure that they are in line and support the overall business strategy and objectives. This includes maintaining close interaction with fit-out pertaining to owner’s work and tenant handover information during the construction phase.
- Maintain positive and congenial relationship with the tenants during processing of leases and acts as a main point of contact on all group lease queries for the assigned lease portfolio.
- Administer the preparation / processing of lease related documents / agreements / contracts etc., for the assigned lease portfolio in a timely manner received from the SMBU Leasing Department.
- Verify lease related documents processed by the Lease Contract Management team (for the assigned lease portfolios) at various stages i.e. draft lease proposals, lease deeds / contracts before signing, prior lease execution and other legal agreements and ensure that all lease related documents conforms to the applicable laws in the operating region and fulfil terms and conditions agreed between the company and the client.
- Maintain prospective tenant database and ensure that all credit checks are completed prior to deal closure including timely resolution of any conflicts / queries raised during the lease processing period.
- Manage daily activities of Lease Administration concerning to the assigned lease portfolio and ensure that all work flow is carried out as per established guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Assist the Internal Audit Department and facilitate during the audit process pertaining to Lease Administration activities on the assigned lease portfolios and ensure that all non-conformances / improvement areas (if any), raised by the Internal Audit Department are resolved / implemented as per agreed timelines and in a satisfactory manner.
- Maintain periodic reports e.g. status of lease negotiations, approvals, lease document tracking etc., across lease portfolios responsible for and ensure to provide relevant information to Associate Director Lease Administration on a timely basis to update regarding the progress.
- Administer filing of lease related information and agreement on the assigned lease portfolios (both physical and on system e.g. Yardi and/or SharePoint etc.) so as to enable the Lease Contract Management team to refer the same with respect to rent collection / renewal / extension etc., as well as to serve as a point of reference in case of any litigation.
- Minimum 6 – 8 years work experience in managing Lease Contract Management and Legal Documentation activities preferably in a reputed Retail / Real Estate companies / Law firms in GCC
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent. Law degree is highly desirable
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A