Website The Clorox Company
This position will manage the Food Safety & Sanitation functions at the Reno manufacturing facility. This position will focus on providing quality assurance, sanitation and microbiological expertise to the Plant Management team.
- Performs plant quality, environmental, and sanitation audits and testing. Manages plant master sanitation schedule (MSS). Ensures documentation adherence and compliance.
- Identified as the SME for key Quality & sanitation processes to ensure they are effectively managed, standardized, maintained and continuously improved.
- Provides operational support and analytical problem solving at Suppliers and Clorox location (Reno), drawing on internal and external experts as appropriate, managing improvement plans and activities.
- Ensure practices are in place and standardized at our plants and suppliers to assure that stable conditions exist that ensure food safety, sanitation and quality assurance standards are maintained in compliance with Federal regulations.
- Ensures plant personnel are appropriately trained on sanitation, microbiological and analytical methods. Provides approval for validation aspects of new equipment, products & processes. Coordinates testing with third party laboratories if necessary.
- Provides strategic leadership and direction for site quality & sanitation roles and responsibilities. Identifies current gaps and develops long and short term plans to serve the team’s development and future.
- Supports driving commonality of programs and processes at all manufacturing locations.
- Supports the continuous improvement of the Quality function by identifying and resolving gaps/waste in quality systems, tools, and processes.
- Knowledge of HACCP, SQF, and BRC and microbiology and analytical testing procedures. – desired
- Knowledge of FDA cGMP’s, food regulations and the regulatory documentation requirements.
- Strong problems solving skills, issue resolution and root cause analysis
- Knowledge of pathogen environmental monitoring
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the physical, chemical, and microbiological attributes and test procedures of Foods products as well as industry standards of Quality & Regulatory systems.
- Knowledge of food microbiology
- Strong independent leadership skills.
- Strong written and verbal business communication skills
- Knowledge of sanitation practices and procedures in a food manufacturing plant FDA BPS Certified – desired
- Excellent organization, time management and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills. Proven strong relationship skills to achieve sustainable partnerships and collaboration internally and externally.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in FDA regulated (Food or Beverage) in a combination of Quality and/or Sanitation role.
- Direct leadership experience in manufacturing, operations, sanitation and product testing in Dressings, dry spices, sauces, acid food or acidified foods is desired
Company: The Clorox Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Research
Job Location: Reno, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A