Website The Clorox Company
Working in a participative team based environment, using best practice processes and principles, the Sr Staff Engineer participates on teams developing, designing, installing and starting-up new products, product improvements and technology upgrades for larger projects, and manufacturing improvement projects that include the integration of outside technical resources. Plans and leads medium to large sized projects. Provides thorough and practical solutions to complex problems with minimal assistance. Works under general management and completed work is checked for technical soundness and accuracy. Contacts are usually intra-organizational and more frequently with out side suppliers and consultants.
- Capital Project Management, Design, and Construction Management
- Support cost savings initiatives across the site and help to reduce project spending
- Advocate for engineering innovation within functional department
- Project Technical Feasibility Evaluations
- Technical Problem Solving and Engineering Services
- Develop personal skills and train project teams on new techniques, etc.
- Provide leadership and guidance to manage contract engineering firms, construction contractors, etc. to deliver project objectives
- Engineering Administrative Duties
- Participate in and share information on technical seminars for departmental or cross functional training in order to stay up to date on current
- trends, changes, and technological advancements
- Support and may lead Project Teams, WCO, and Ops Services initiatives
- Deliver project safety performance objectives
- Support environmental sustainability goal achievement during project planning and execution
- Working knowledge of NEC, ANSI, IEC, NEMA, NFPA
- Working knowledge of industrial networks desired
- Support system start-up and operational checkout on systems including configuration, wiring, calibration, and power testing.
- Demonstrates proficiency in developing and managing estimates, financial analysis, contracts, and purchase orders. Includes the use of Clorox
- Early Management principles and activities to deliver customer expectations with vertical and sustainable project execution.
- Technical skills related to electrical/instrumentation and controls
- Utilize technical materials such as equipment manuals, system drawings, P&IDs, schematics and blue prints to troubleshoot and repair complex electrical/control systems.
- Strong working knowledge of Allen Bradley hardware and software.
- HMI programming proficiency with FT View ME and SE desired
- PLC programming proficiency with Control Logix 5000 desired
- Strong technical skills related to electrical/instrumentation and controls.
- Provide hardware and software application support assistance to engineers and operations.
- Working knowledge of industrial power and lighting applications; power distribution; and MCC, conduit and wiring
- Adaptation & flexibility skills to recognize the need for change and to initiate the change process
- Ability to develop, read and interpret electrical drawings
Qualification & Experience:
- 3+ years of engineering experience
- Experience with capital projects and capital budget process
- Experience in batch, continuous, and discrete manufacturing.
- Engineering or operations experience with consumer packaged goods packaging equipment and systems preferred
- Engineering Degree (BSEE) (or equivalent)
Company: The Clorox Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Spring Hill, KS, US
Application Deadline: N/A