Website The Clorox Company
Working in a participative team based environment, using World Class Operations (WCO) processes and principles, the Senior Electrical and Controls Staff Engineer participates on teams developing, designing, installing and starting-up new products, product improvements and technology upgrades for larger projects, and manufacturing improvement projects that include the integration of outside technical resources. Plans and leads medium to large sized projects. Provides thorough and practical solutions to complex problems with minimal assistance. Works under general management and completed work is checked for technical soundness and accuracy. Contacts are usually intra-organizational and more frequently with outside suppliers and consultants.
- Project Technical Feasibility Evaluations
- Support and may lead Project Teams, WCO, and Ops Services initiatives
- Engineering Administrative Duties
- Support cost savings initiatives across the site and help to reduce project spending
- Provide leadership and guidance to manage contract engineering firms, construction contractors, etc. to deliver project objectives
- Technical Problem Solving and Engineering Services
- Deliver project safety performance objectives
- Develop personal skills and train project teams on new techniques, etc.
- Capital Project Management, Design, and Construction Management
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement of the Corporate and project site safety performance by supporting the local site’s safety programs and initiatives
- Participate in and share information on technical seminars for departmental or cross functional training in order to stay up to date on current
- trends, changes, and technological advancements
- Advocate for engineering innovation within functional department
- Support environmental sustainability goal achievement during project planning and execution
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- Motivation & commitment to lead and direct others to exceptional results
- Working knowledge of industrial power and lighting applications; power distribution; and MCC, conduit and wiring
- Effective communication skills in formal and informal settings using both written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical & decision making skills that integrate technical and business factors
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Position will require the candidate to be in manufacturing environment with rotating equipment, elevated surfaces, temperature variations etc.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5 years of engineering experience
- Experience with capital projects and capital budget process
- Engineering Degree (BSEE)
- Engineering or operations experience with consumer packaged goods packaging equipment and systems preferred
Company: The Clorox Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: Kennesaw, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A