The Full Stack Engineer will perform development work across the Membership stack (both front-end/back-end expertise). The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to manage the completion of projects that involve databases, backend services, and OO/UI development. This position will require an individual to design, build, enhance and implement solutions in a fast-paced Agile environment participating in scrum ceremonies and working closely with a highly motivated team.
- Performs development, optimization, and automation activities to support the implementation of a product/application.
- Increases proficiency and understanding of relational and non-relational databases, distributed application architectures, user interfaces and user experience, quality assurance, security concerns, and business value creation.
- Adopts engineering best practices to deliver higher quality and scalable solutions.
- Provides the team with the development strategy, solution recommendations, and estimates for a given product/application.
- Participates in scrum ceremonies (sprint planning, retrospective, showcases/demos, stand-ups, backlog refinement, etc.).
- Creates and executes unit tests which validate the code changes made to support the implementation of a user story.
- Uses test-driven development (TDD) practices to assist with the detection/recognition of software defects early in the development process.
- Identifies deficiencies within a product / application’s code-base and identifies opportunities to improve overall code quality.
- Works with team members to move user stories from the development backlog into testing and provides clarification when needed.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in performing Web and UI development.
- Must possess a strong understanding of the software development process
- Strong knowledge of object oriented concepts.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with databases.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate to both technical and Business audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to execute against iteration plans and deliver assignments within scope, schedule, and budget.
- Ability to work with all management levels.
- Must have high integrity, accountability, a positive attitude, and be willing to do what it takes to make the team successful.
- Team player, good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. Creative, likes challenges.
Qualification & Experience:
- 1-3 years’ experience in:
- Integrating an application with other applications using web services.
- With a working knowledge of databases (DB2, SQL Server, Oracle etc.).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Issaquah, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A