Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the second largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in twelve countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof, Costco consistently ranks in the top five of Forbes “America’s Best Employers”.
- Designs, develops, documents and implements complex environments for our customers.
- Builds deployment automation with configuration as code to provision non-Production and Production environments.
- Builds innovative automated solutions to migrate legacy systems to the cloud.
- Provides technical consultation to our customers and project teams.
- Adopts engineering best practices to deliver higher quality and scalable solutions.
- Develops and documents standards and best practices, and mentors junior engineers.
- Resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, adapted to each customer’s needs.
- Provisions applications in virtualized or container based platforms on Linux\Windows systems.
- Integrates Systems including SQL, Messaging tools and Application code with operating systems and infrastructure.
- Interprets complex issues and clearly communicates them to others.
- Continuously stays abreast of existing and emerging DevOps technologies and tools.
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery.
- Solid understanding of development/coding methodologies.
- Significant use of orchestration tool sets, such as Kubernetes, Ansible, Docker.
- Strong scripting skills in one or more of the following, i.e., Powershell, Bash, Python etc.
- In depth knowledge of git-based development/delivery workflows.
- Experience using tools such as Azure DevOps, Terraform, Jenkins, UCDeploy and Git to improve and speed of delivery of our products and services.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools like Dynatrace, Splunk etc.
- Must have high integrity, accountability, a positive attitude, and be willing to do what it takes to make the team successful.
Qualification & Experience:
- 7+ years’ IT experience, Devops/SRE experience preferred.
- Experience provisioning and managing cloud services required, Azure preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Issaquah, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A