Website Best Buy
Best Buy is seeking an experienced Staff Software Engineer, knowledgeable in Java and Agile software development practices, to work on key People Technology initiatives for Best Buy. The Staff Software Engineer will be part of the People Technology Team that is responsible for building microservices and UI components that provide the best digital experience for our employees.
- This is a hands-on role, where you will design, develop, test, and maintain highly scalable Java based applications using Spring, Cassandra, Kafka, Postgres, and so on.
- Provide technical leadership to team members around architecture, technology choices, code reviews, quality, security, automation, and documentation.
- Take up complex projects and break them down into smaller chunks that can then be individually solutioned and executed.
- Help new engineers with onboarding, mentoring, and teaching them new tools and technologies.
- Think about the bigger picture and provide architectural solutions that help build a scalable and reusable ecosystem.
- Always lookout for opportunities to automate frequently repeated processes.
- Hands on development experience with Scala.
- Hands on development experience with Python.
- Hands on experience working with GCP Services like Big Query, Data Studio, and Dataflow.
- Hands on experience working with Cassandra.
Qualification & Experience:
- 8 or more years of experience building highly scalable applications using Java
- Experience building, deploying, operating, and debugging REST APIs at scale.
Company: Best Buy
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Engineering ,Information Technology
Job Location: St. Paul, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A