Responsible for the provision of services in routine laboratory areas such as biochemistry, microbiology and haematology, and, as there is no pathologist, provide services and advice in specialist areas including virology, parasitology, endocrinology and mycology. The job holder will be expected to provide an end to end service to doctors, to interpret results and directly advise them accordingly.
- Supervise, train and motivate a team of laboratory technicians, mentoring and monitoring their progress and dealing with the more complex laboratory issues. Design training programmes for new laboratory technical specialists and laboratory technicians, to ensure their smooth integration into the laboratory team.
- Ensure that all Laboratory procedures conform to international and local standards (ISO, ACHSI, DHA etc.). Supervise the daily in-house Quality Assurance programmes and ensure that external International Quality Assurance Programmes are being performed as required and that all results fall into limits for the assigned user group. Liaise with licensing and accrediting bodies to ensure all laboratory practices meet established guidelines. Seek and implement their advice to improve any areas of deficiency.
- Develop and maintain up to date knowledge of a large number of areas of expertise relating to laboratory work. Take full responsibility for investigations, providing independent advice and support. Develop and maintain templates for data collection which enable statistical analysis, monitoring of trends and highlighting and correcting deviations. Ensure that all tests are performed in a time effective and cost efficient manner, while maintaining quality standards.
- Plan, manage and control particular areas of discipline within the broad scope of general laboratory medicine. Research for cost effectiveness, quality, and advances in technology. Implement new procedures and provide education on the benefits of the new techniques to clinic doctors and nurses. Ensure all reference manuals (SOP’s) are up to date and reviewed at least annually.
- Demonstrate and maintain advanced knowledge in all areas of general laboratory medicine. Act as front line response and support in handling queries and following through to completion. Support the clinic doctors in an advisory capacity with both result interpretation and appropriate test selection. This may include providing reference material, for example advising doctors if there is an outbreak of a particular infection or disease. Utilise experience and technical knowledge to interpret results in special circumstances, e.g. children, pregnant women, effects of medications, effects of diet, effects of jet lag and stress. Support is also required for areas of expertise not actively practiced in our laboratory.
- The job holder must be knowledgeable and offer advice is areas of analysis performed by our reference laboratories (eg, andrology, genetics, histopathology, cytopathology.)
- Ensure that both personal and subordinate CME needs are met with regards to professional licensure and DHA regulations. Encourage and Support junior staff in the development of their professional knowledge in a way that best highlights the professional knowledge of the team in general.
- Medical/Safety.Laboratory : 5+ Years
- Post Graduate Diploma (12+4 or equivalent) :
- Minimum of 5 years as a Generalist Medical Laboratory Scientist (biochemistry, microbiology and haematology experience is mandatory.
- Preference may be given to candidates with experience in other, additional areas of specialty)
- Registered and / or licensed as a Medical Technologist / Medical Laboratory Scientist (or equivalent) in the country of qualification.
- Licensed to practice as a Medical Technician in the Emirate of Dubai, by the DHA.
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior relevant experience in the United Arab Emirates.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A