Website Dubai Parks and Resorts
The Entertainment supervisor is responsible for assisting the Entertainment Manager in managing/operating all aspect of the pre-production, coordination, production of rehearsals, shows and events as assigned. The Entertainment supervisor is also responsible for managing staff, schedules and daily operating budgets. They should have complete knowledge of their area, tech and talent and be able to address cast concerns and properly disseminate tech information to appropriate teams, they support the production manager in operating in different zones and maintain and scheduling.
- Meet with the Production Manager on a weekly basis
- Accountable for the supervision and evaluation of the talent and administrative staff for the assigned venue(s) assuring that all administrative duties are completed in timely and accurate manner including but not limited to scheduling, company management and other budgetary functions for the assigned venue(s).
- Attend any outside meetings stipulated by the Production Manager.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management team.
- Ensure that productivity and service delivery of the department is improved on continuous basis by keeping team members motivated and retained.
- Maintains all records, inventories, schedules and payroll records for assigned area.
- As required, may call shows or assist hands on back stage during performances.
- Manage implementation of relevant electronic systems to bring efficiency and effectiveness to existing processes.
- Collaborates with Production Management, Show Directors, Performance Captains, Tech management to execute each production.
- Attend weekly production meetings with Stage Manager, Entertainment Coordinator, Cast(s), and Techs of each production / event.
- Assist the Production Manager to develop and implement policies, procedures and processes for the respective function/department and ensure reviewing and keeping the existing ones updated as part of the continuous process improvement.
- Will coordinate with Production Manager to schedule onboarding for any & all new talents and production staff.
- Responsible for effectively communicating necessary information which pertains to the operation of the assigned entertainment venue(s), to both upper management and employees of the venue(s).
- Produce & distribute weekly production reports as stipulated by the Production Manager.
- Monitor all performance and backstage areas for quality, safety etc. this includes giving performance notes and checking in with coordinators regularly.
- Oversees the collection, organization and running of rehearsals and shows inclusive of cast, crew, costuming, props and all show elements.
- Assist Production Manager to develop cross training and temporary promotional opportunities for team members.
- Assist the Production Manager as they set objectives/ KPIs/ milestones for the respective department/ function and conduct appraisals for direct reporters on Electronic Performance Management System.
- Ensure that team members are provided learning and career development opportunities by identifying successors within the team, preparing them for the next accountable roles and recommending them for external trainings whenever required in consultation with HR Department.
- Will liaise and communicate with outside producers and production staff for any and all special events as stipulated by the production Manager.
- Accountable to administer all policies and procedures.
- Ability to juggle several different tasks and job responsibilities at the same time.
- Stage Management experience
- Production Management experience
- Stage craft and/or technical experience
- Theatrical stage managing, directing, designing, and/or acting experience
- Ability to adapt to an ever changing work environment.
- Ability to work with many different artistic personalities and staff.
Qualification & Experience:
- Great problem solver
- University Diploma – five years equivalent theme park, theatrical, cruise ship experience in Stage Management
- 5 years equivalent experience in Stage and/or Production Management
- Ability to work well in a high pressured and fast paced environment
- Computer skills- proficient in Word, Excel, and general computer literacy
- People and time management
- Ability to communicate with all kinds of people
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals.
Company: Dubai Parks and Resorts
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Entertainment
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A