Execute BAU activities and tasks related to database management and development within ENOC to ensuring secure and reliable running of all Database components to maintain a high quality and availability for the Database services.
- Execute, development and administer database maintenance SOP’s and review their application to ensure that database system controls, policies, and procedures are operating effectively.
- Provide immediate fix whenever system incidents are identified or reported.
- Contribute to the development of appropriate IT security policies, processes, systems, standards, procedures and internal controls related to database servers in line with the corporate IT Security framework.
- Responsible for maintaining and execute database backups and recovery, scheduled jobs.
- Involvement in any new project implementation during project lifecycle (Dev, QC, UAT, Production).
- Monitor the delivery of database and systems administration services according to approved policies and procedures, user requests, SLA’s, and maintenance schedules with minimum downtime.
- Apply latest Security patches and bug fixes as soon as released by vendor.
- Ensure that all Database implementations that we support are secure, reliable, cost effective and fit for purpose.
- Develop and maintain a documented road map for the Database products that we support, ensuring that these plans are understood and followed by members of the team.
- Strong knowledge and experience in IT infrastructure concepts, frameworks and standards
- Strong knowledge and experience in database performance management and tuning, security hardening and database availability
- Strong knowledge and experience in SAP, Oracle or SQL Server database installations, upgrades, RAC high availability, Data Guard, Always-On solutions in existing and new environment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business field or equivalent
- 8+ years of IT infrastructure experience with a focus on Database and Database security concept.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Database design, deployment, backup, recovery and management experience is highly desirable
- Proven experience with Database capacity planning, database security principles, and database management best practices
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: General Business
Job Location: Dubai, AE
Application Deadline: N/A