Website Food Lion
Work Environment: The employee performs the functions of this position in clean, well-lighted temperature controlled, and well ventilated environment. Position requires contact with controlled substances as well as other pharmaceutical products.
- Supports training of all personnel at the pharmacy location; recommends interventions for training to Store Manager and/or Pharmacy Manager.
- Provides supervision and guidance for all support staff working in the pharmacy department.
- Offers feedback and comment on the performance of department support staff to Pharmacy Manager.
- Implements staff schedules for the pharmacy location.
- Ensures completion/maintenance of records and reports as required by regulation or the Pharmacy Manager, Pharmacy Operations Manager and /or corporate policy and procedures.
- Works closely with Pharmacy Manager or Pharmacy Operations Manager to develop and implement operational enhancement and efficiency enhancement programs and practices for the pharmacy location.
- In the absence of the Pharmacy Manager or Full-time Pharmacist, serves as on-duty supervisor of pharmacy department ensuring that all essential functions of the pharmacy operation are adequately maintained.
- Support company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed.
- Works closely with Store Manager, Pharmacy Manager and pharmacy personnel to identify, develop and execute marketing opportunities to enhance pharmacy sales.
- Serves as primary customer care advocate ensuring that customer service standards are maintained by all pharmacy personnel.
- Currently maintains a license in the State of practice as a Pharmacist.
- Graduate of an accredited college of pharmacy with Bachelor’s or advance degree.
- Demonstrated competence in effective communications skills and customer relations. Unrestricted ability to fill Medicaid and Medicare prescriptions. Demonstrated ability and desire to communicate effectively with customers, associates, other health professionals and the community at large.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule consistent with a stimulating retail environment. Ability to handle multiple priorities and provide direction to associates. High levels of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality. Performance in this position requires the employee to walk, stoop, speak, write, and operate office equipment including, but not limited to, computer terminals and telephone systems. Some minor lifting (less than 25 lbs.) is required.
- The employee will be required to stand for extended periods of time during working hours.
Qualification & Experience:
- Prior retail pharmacy experience.
- Prior management/supervisory experienced.
Company: Food Lion
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Customer Service
Job Location: Falling Waters, WV, US
Application Deadline: N/A