Website Food Lion
Serves as divisional point of contact for all regional leadership team while providing counsel for associate interactions that required attention beyond store level leadership. Provides functional, technical and process guidance to ensure the company’s treatment of associates is fair, respectful, and consistent with our core values and policies promoting positive working relationships and driving associate engagement with the brands business and priorities. Promotes positive working relationships and drives associate engagement with Food Lion business and priorities.
- Manage pro-active organizational associate relations strategies, processes, and practices that improve associate relations and engagement within the Division.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with HRBP’s, AR COE (Advice and Counsel and Investigations) to ensure consistent practices, process and decision making in associate relations in order to mitigate risk and promote a strong, ethical and consistent environment.
- Ensure consistent practices, process and decision making in associate relations for assigned Division in order to mitigate risk and promote a strong, ethical and consistent environment.
- Influence regional and divisional leaders in ensuring positive associate relations culture to minimize union influence.
- Ability to interrupt and provide guidance on policy and procedures consistently and objectively
- Conducts investigations as needed in support of organizations open door and appeal policy.
- Coach Regional and store leaders on associate relations issues, conflict management, and allegations of discriminatory practices.
- Support efforts to remain union free by utilizing Data metrics to identify areas of vulnerability, trends and AR leadership capability opportunities and accountability.
- Able to handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner.
- High-quality judgment and sound decision-making.
- Ability to interpret company policies, procedures and practices.
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity under high pressure situations.
- Analytical thinker and problem solver which includes, but not limited to, the ability to recognize trends and recommend solutions.
- Ability to remain objective in all situations and provide coaching to leaders as needed.
- Ability to organize multiple activities which require close attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to establish partnerships by working with associates at all levels and across the organization.
Qualification & Experience:
- Solid understanding of state and federal laws associated with employee relations, including, but not limited to: FMLA, ADA, wage and hour laws, and NLRB and EEOC case rulings.
- Solid understanding of a variety of the HR concepts, practices, and procedures.
- 5-8 years in HR management, business administration or related field
- Proficient in database management and MS Office: Word, Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or Personnel & Industrial Relations,
- Or High School diploma and a minimum of 3 years HR/related work experience.
- Or Bachelor’s degree in related discipline and a minimum of 2 years HR related work experience,
- Must reside in divisional geography, ability to travel as needed.
Company: Food Lion
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Strategy/Planning
Job Location: Columbia, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A