H-E-B’s Transportation Division supports distribution by transporting products from warehouses to our 400+ retail Stores. Our Partners ship an average 12,000 deliveries per week and travel 62 million miles each year to ensure our Stores are stocked and our supply chain keeps moving all over Texas and Mexico.
- Provides daily supervision and support for an assigned group of hourly Partners.
- Maintains an environment within the facility where Partners trust and respect their Leader and work together as a team to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Engages with Partners daily; clearly explains roles, expectations and performance measurements for each critical component that impacts business outcomes.
- Operates a team that consistently meets Customers- needs and expectations. Tracks, monitors & resolves customer complaints. Responsible for service recovery efforts. Identifies trends and provides feedback.
- Monitors and evaluates key performance indicators for both daily and weekly team performance; measure against goals, gets team buy-in and provides feedback to the team.
- Monitors and adjusts labor requirements to balance staffing levels and overtime costs while meeting daily facility performance expectations.
- Takes an active role in the development of Partners. Provides leaning and growth opportunities. Addresses performance that does not meet expectations.
- Maintains a clean, safe, pest-free, and well organized facility. Follows established SOPs and ensures Partners are trained and in compliance. Documents measures through SOPs in accordance with OSHA and H-E-B guidelines.
- Recognizes Partner achievements
- Majority of the time spent using independent judgment in making employment-related business decisions, or effectively recommend such decisions including but not limited to product and department related strategies, hiring, promoting, disciplining, suspending, discharging, rewarding or otherwise engaged in resolving Partner-related matters.
- Strong organization and time management skills with ability to multi-task and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; experience with presentation a plus
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Fundamental working knowledge of: industry, EEOC and Employment laws
- Working knowledge of department level reports as assigned
- Demonstrated proficiency with operating internal and external software systems at an intermediate level. Advanced knowledge of operations of departmental programs.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor-s Degree or minimum of 1 year related experience
- Attendance and completion of Leadership & Development Classes as assigned
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline N/A