Provides expertise and leadership around all US labor relation focuses and partnerships. In partnership with the Country ER Manager, manages the relations, negotiations, agreements and policies for all US union matters, in-line with H&M company values.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for union representatives.
- Ensures compliance with collective bargaining agreements and answers questions from all levels of management on contract provisions.
- Provides information to stakeholders/senior leadership for system wide potential issues, emerging trends, and hot topics.
- Provides input on strategic use of labor agreements to achieve business objectives.
- Partners with HR team to ensure employment practices are compliant with contracts on matters such as wages, hours, or conditions of employment.
- Supports, instructs and coaches Labor Relations Generalist and store management roles on ways to improve employee relations and drive staff retention.
- Provides guidance regarding employee incidents, conducting investigations and develops recommendations on level of discipline as needed. Reviews discharge and corrective action recommendations with Employee Relations Specialist and Country Employee Relations Manager, as necessary.
- Detailed knowledge of federal and state/municipal legal requirements including Title VII, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, FCRA, etc.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and diplomatically.
- Skilled at solving conflicts in an objective, direct and constructive way.
- Ability to be neutral and confidential and deal with sensitive information.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business, Management, Labor Relations or Law strongly preferred
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in multi-unit retail HR role dealing with labor and employee relations matters including coaching and counseling staff and exposure to benefits, wage administration, performance review management, payroll, recruiting and training.
- At least 5 years as a manager in a retail environment
- SHRM or HRCI HR certification preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A