Our team is the voice of IKEA. We use words, pictures and videos to tell the story about IKEA, to build our brand and inspire people with our offer. We bounce ideas back and forth, we challenge each other and we are crazy passionate about communication. Of course we’re also the ones who make sure to keep all our fellow co-workers informed, engaged and connected in a constantly changing business environment.
- Develop the country product and corporate PR/media relations strategy (focus on earned and owned media) and create media/stakeholder engagement strategies for effective reactive, proactive and engaging communication.
- Effectively and proactively drives and elevates the brand awareness of the company among public through targeted media use – co-leading events, all brand activation initiatives with other functions.
- Stay up to date on current affairs in order to create opportunities to position our stories in a way that resonates with the outside world.
- Develop and strengthen communication preparedness for reputational issues, risks and crises, acting on all negative publicity and potential reputational issues.
- Build a deep understanding of the market support objectives in order to tie communications work directly to desired business outcomes.
- Be a coach and sparring partner for managers and communication team when it comes to public and media relations.
- You know how to take a leading role in communication with the business goal, co-workers and public trust in focus.
- You effortlessly handle stressful and unpredictable situations in a dynamic business environment.
- You have a genuine interest in creating an engaging communication and working with media relations and stakeholder management.
- You have excellent communication skills and an obvious creative flair (in fact you’re already translating this wordy job ad into a visual illustration right now in your mind…)
- You are energized by working both independently and interdependently within communication network and cross functions using insights to formulate communication strategies, plans and activities that meet IKEA business needs.
Qualification & Experience:
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: Burlington, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A