We’re the team behind the scenes that make the IKEA products available to the many people. As a diverse mix of co-workers we use our supply process expertise to balance range and space capacity with forecasting and ordering to provide customers with high availability while minimizing costs. If you’ve wonder who’s responsible for finding effective and efficient ways of picking up the products for our customers, that’s us. We’re passionate about working together to improve the customer experience at IKEA!
- Work together with your colleagues to keep inventory stocked.
- Assume responsibility for shipping, picking, receiving and storage
- Unload and properly handle all inbound and outbound merchandise
- Secure merchandise properly to allow for safe movement throughout the distribution centre;
- Verify articles received against corresponding paperwork. Note any discrepancies to ensure 100%inventory accuracy
- Remove and properly document all damages caused or found on inbound/outbound merchandise
- Properly store/stage all pallets in assigned locations
- You are very results driven.
- You love working in a team setting but don’t mind working solo too!
- You can lift up to 50 pounds (with help of course!) for long periods of time
- Previous warehouse or logistic experience is an asset but not necessary!
- Previous experience using warehouse equipment (forklift, scissor lift, counter balance etc.) is an asset but not necessary!
Qualification & Experience:
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: Richmond, BC , CA
Application Deadline: N/A