All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Sales Floor Department Supervisor, this means:
- Providing resources and tools to support those directly helping customers provide the best service.
- Assisting with down stocking and area recovery as well as providing input into merchandising decisions.
- The Sales Floor Department Supervisor works with his/her leaders to identify approaches and behaviors that best meet sales and service objectives, then communicates those best practices to the team in a way that inspires engaging, customer-focused behavior and goal attainment.
- Further, the Sales Floor Department Supervisor must supervise associates in other departments, as needed, to meet the demands of the store.
- This requires broad product knowledge and the ability to engage associates and customers across departments. It is important that this associate communicate upward to keep management informed of concerns, issues, praises, and morale.
- Monitoring use of store power equipment and coaching employees on safe behaviors and lifting techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to obtain sales related licensure or registration as may be required by law.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of experience in a retail environment OR 5 years of experience in a retail environment.
- 1 year of experience in customer service.
- Experience providing direction or supervision to teams (with or without direct report responsibility).
- Experience supporting or participating in the process of training, mentoring and developing associates.
- Experience working cross-functionally.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A