To create amazing systems and technologies. To give our colleagues and our customers even more incredible experiences.
There are thousands of experts to talk to and learn from. We’ve got data from billions of transactions for our teams to play with. Things get built here. They get made here. They hit customers and colleagues quickly. Welcome to the home of Sainsbury’s Tech.
- Work on building greenfield services or vendor provided COTS solutions in the cloud.
- Engage and affect all aspects of the design of a service and its infrastructure.
- Follow a ‘you build it you own’ it paradigm including on call rota.
- Participate in the family’s cloud engineering guild and contribute processes, knowledge, components and tools and encourage their adoption.
- Use infrastructure as code and reusable components following our standards and streamlining support.
- Represent our values and cloud engineering guild processes in the products you work into.
- Solid understanding of Linux and Networking.
- Showcase great understanding of AWS and how cloud components work together to create HA, resilient, secure, reliable and cost-efficient services.
- You will strive to keep on top of advancements in the Cloud, DevOps tooling and automation.
- An automation data driven mindset and knowledge of any programming/scripting (Shell, Go, Python, Ruby).
- Mentor junior cloud engineers and help upskill them and improve their knowledge.
Qualification & Experience:
- Good experience with IaC tools like Terraform, Ansible, the AWS API, Kubernetes and CI/CD pipelines.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Software Engineering
Job Location: Holborn, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A