- We are building a modern cloud hosted solution. We use innovation and excellence to drive the technology stack, solution design, and working practice.
- In our data platform we ingest data from across: Sainsburys Retail; Argos; Habitat; Tu; and Bank. It comes in many flavours and formats. We use a mixture of AWS and open source technologies to land the data into ASPIRE. The data is centralised across our multi-brand, multichannel organisation and is made available for data scientists and data citizens to gain a deeper insight into our customers, this fulfils the vision of knowing our customers better than anyone else.
- Research and identify opportunities in emerging technology that could enhance technical delivery within the teams
- Work within architecture community of practice to optimise solution design across the data and technology stack
- Identify technical opportunities to enable faster and higher quality delivery of data products
- Work closely with the technical designers (data modellers) to adopt a consistent approach for both the technical and data landscapes.
- Deliver flexible designs at sufficient level of detail to enable engineering teams to progress delivery, continually assessing outcomes to assess fit for business needs.
- Collaborate with the information governance, information security and operations communities to provide consistent and effective solution integration
- Build a trusted relationship with engineering teams and explain how solutions adhere to architectural principles.
- A love of data and an understanding of data platform architectures.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Knowledge of processing high frequency and large volume datasets.
- Knowledgeable about data modelling, access and storage.
- A passion for delivering solutions to customers.
- Be able to explain complex technical challenges to business stakeholders.
Qualification & Experience:
- Hands on experience of languages, tools and infrastructure.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: London, GB, UK
Application Deadline: N/A