There are thousands of experts to talk to and learn from. We’ve got data from billions of transactions for our teams to play with. Things get built here. They get made here. They hit customers and colleagues quickly. Welcome to the home of Sainsbury’s Tech.
- The Solution Architect will work across multiple squads, providing guiderails to ensure that the data platform is built to our architectural principles and expected capabilities. We do this within an agile environment.
- Work within architecture community of practice to optimise solution design across the data and technology stack
- Deliver flexible designs at sufficient level of detail to enable engineering teams to progress delivery, continually assessing outcomes to assess fit for business needs.
- Research and identify opportunities in emerging technology that could enhance technical delivery within the teams
- Collaborate with the information governance, information security and operations communities to provide consistent and effective solution integration
- Work closely with the technical designers (data modellers) to adopt a consistent approach for both the technical and data landscapes.
- Identify technical opportunities to enable faster and higher quality delivery of data products
- A love of data and an understanding of data platform architectures.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Be able to explain complex technical challenges to business stakeholders.
- Build a trusted relationship with engineering teams and explain how solutions adhere to architectural principles.
- Knowledge of processing high frequency and large volume datasets.
- A passion for delivering solutions to customers.
- Hands on experience of languages, tools and infrastructure.
- Knowledgeable about data modelling, access and storage.
- Self-driven and constantly striving to improve your team.
- Advocate of agile/lean delivery methodologies.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A