Website Loblaw Companies Limited
Loblaw Companies Limited is now accepting resumes for a Transportation Supervisor. We are looking for an energetic, motivated individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment. As a member of the Outbound Transportation team, you will be responsible for coordinating activities in the transportation and movement of goods from the South Surrey Distribution Centre.
- Communicate with the various procurement groups when additional service is required.
- Update dispatch/operations when variances to daily outbound plans occur.
- Main area of responsibility includes being the central point of contact at night for BC Transport
- Understand and assist with the executing of the day’s operational plan. To be done in concert with other departments to ensure excellent transportation service is provided to the business
- Resolves problems, amends routes and arrange for emergency shipments
- Work with the Distribution Centre, Supply Chain, carriers and Customers on resolving issues
- Build and maintain good working relationships with carriers and in the transport vendor/service community
- Main contact for external customers and various levels of retail.
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Strong understanding of logistics and transport in the Western Canadian industry
- Computer savvy with experience and knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to deal effectively with all management levels both within and outside the organization in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- High level of integrity, motivation and the ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Ability for local travel as there will be a component of cross training involving our other 2 sister DC’s in BC.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a commitment to ensuring customer satisfaction for both internal and external customers.
Company: Loblaw Companies Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Manufacturing
Job Location: Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A