- The Operations Supervisor is responsible for supervising the employees responsible for the receipt, storage, order filling, or loading of inventory as it relates to the daily distribution activities within assigned area(s) of a facility and has functional responsibility for one large or multiple areas such as receiving, picking or outbound functions. Ensures accountability standards based on KPIs and implements change to improve performance and increase workflow efficiencies.
- General responsibilities include supervision of the order selection processes and responsibilities include safety, on time shipping of orders, accurate orders, achieve productivity and labor cost targets, establish high performing team and housekeeping that is tour ready condition at all times
- Plan and prioritize daily workflow of product receipts and/or customer orders
- Leads a cohesive and effective team within their department by managing and developing employees (including performance feedback, coaching and reviews, training & development, hiring, payroll/timekeeping, terminations, and counseling) to achieve high quality results and productivity aligned with SalonCentric’s goals and company values
- Responsible for learning all functional areas in the operation to support warehouse productivity and output.
- Ensure that all general warehouse employees abide by safety procedures and use proper protective equipment.
- Responsible for achieving continuous improvement in productivity and labor costs by setting expectations, providing feedback, establishing improved processes and driving change
- Being accessible, responsive and resolving issues in a timely manner for both internal and external customers
- Ensure that external customers receive the highest level of service through accurate order processing and on-time delivery
- Responsible for vendor interaction to ensure accurate inventories of warehouse supplies.
- Review daily production schedules and adjust staffing levels according to distribution volume to achieve service and cost objectives
- Could be responsible for facility in absence of Manager or Director of Operations.
- Valid state driver’s license, with good driving record within the previous 5 years
- Must be able to wear protective eyewear, footwear, hand protection (gloves) and safety vests
- Must be flexible, organized, detail oriented, and a change agent with the ability to multi-task.
- Must maintain current certification in DOT Transportation and RCRA Hazardous Materials courses
- Hands-on management experience in a fast paced, high volume distribution environment.
- Broad knowledge of OSHA and safety regulations and understanding of warehouse operations required.
- Strong computer, analytical, and communication skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred; minimum of 2 – 3 years of people and warehouse leadership experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Grand Rapids, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A